September 22, 2010

Create an Animal-Print Background

Hello! The rain is POURING down, the thunder is cracking, and I'm stamping and blogging. Great first night of fall! Here are two cards that use an animal-print background, which is not something you can find in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog. You can make your own! Take the leftover rubber from a new clear-mount stamp set, trim it into scraps, and then adhere them to a clear-mount stamp in an animal-print or mosaic-type pattern. Ink it up, and stamp it down! I used clear block D, so I had to repeat the design several times to cover a card. The "S" card was for Sista Sera's birthday, and I used basic black classic ink on soft suede paper to get a leopard-type look. The layer is soft suede, then very vanilla torn with soft suede on the edges. The accent colors are peach parfait (the polystitch ribbon!) and wild wasabi. The giraffe card is the demo I gave at a recent workshop. It's more mustard classic ink on whisper white paper. I also used marina mist for a layer, and hemp twine for the accent. It's the Fox and Friends stamp set (a current fave!). Thanks for reading! Julie

No comments: