March 26, 2008

Wow Wed/Drag & Brag! It's the 26th!

Okay ladies- it's been a while since we posted a Wow Wednesday, not to mention- a whole month since the 26th. So here you go! These wonderful stationary boxes were easy to do (as long as I follow directions and we all know how often that happens) and fun! I made these for Valentine's Day for my sons' teachers. I used the 6x6 DS paper that we were able to purchase last summer, almost amythest, so saffron, certainly celery and rose red and put together cards using those colors as well. One box has Bali Breeze paper too. Each box is able to fit 5 cards and 5 envelopes- they are all stamped too, of course. I used some ribbon for the handles- various kinds (all SU!, but some retired) and that worked. The belly band slides over the top and "sits" at the middlle. I decided to adhere it to the box as well as the ribbon. Sliding parts on my projects tend to create issues. Plus the fact that the bands are tight so when the cards are in the box- everything fits nice and snug. The cards inside follow the same design on the box and all of them had thank you stamped inside. They were a big hit! I'm all about the 3D items these days- LOVE IT! Sera

No comments: