March 31, 2008

March Color Combo #1

I couldn't let a month go without missing the color challenge! Sorry to be so late, Kristine! So... I dug out some of my SU! goodies and came up with this! Basic Gray is a fun color to work with and I like to use it when Basic Black is too much. The DS paper is Uptown, which as I realize is retired, oops! Other fun things used in creating this card-Take Three stamp set, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon and cardstock, five petal punch, key tag punch, ticket punch, Regal Rose cardstock and ink as well as Basic Gray cardstock and ink. This stamp set is one that sista Carmen won at convention two years ago and I LOVE IT! Also as a little tip- You've seen done this before, but the Wild Wasabi leaves under the flowers, yes, those leaves were also made with the five petal punch. I used dimensionals to pop up the Regal Rose flowers so there is some contrast there and they aren't just Wild Wasabi flowers, but Wild Wasabi leaves if you will. Sera

No comments: