May 14, 2011

Spring Crop

 Charlene and I have been hosting an every other month crop now for a year.  The day includes 12 hours of uninterrupted crafting.  In traditional crop format everyone brings there projects to work on but we have added some Stampin' Up bonuses for our guests....make and takes of two full size cards and a 3x3 plus a two page 6x6 scrapbook layout.  We provide lunch and dinner and the gals brings snacks for themselves.  It's a blast.  

This month it was my turn to do the cards.  The above card is so NOT my usual style but I saw the colors and the DSP used and I had to do it.  Tangerine Tango and Rose Red, embossing with the new Melon Mambo over Tangerine Tango craft ink, plus vintage brads.  It was a ton of fun.  I had to do a quick 2 minute card to counter the time the above one takes.  This whisper white on whisper white 3x3 using the new Pretty Postage and Postage Punch is a breeze to make.
Finally, a new technique for the gals...layered embossing.  I used the punch pack to do the tiny flowers, attached them to the mat with glue dots and then ran it together through the Big Shotz with the Lattice embossing envelope.  Everyone can use a little "Hope" right?  For some reason I have a massive quantity of Pretty in Pink so this was a great way to widdle way at it.  It is paired with Peach Parfait for a spring time feel.
Miss you gals but we are having a blast in Alaska with all sorts of new Stampin' Friends.  Miss you all!  Nicolle

No comments: