December 31, 2009

Secret Santa Gifts

What a fun time of year!! And what a great reason to make gifts for all those people we adore; most of all my sistas! Here are a few of the gifts I made and gave this Holiday season. First we have coaster sets. These are made from the tumbled tiles which I got at HD. They come in a set of 9. You have to wash them (rinse was all I did) before you stamp on them to get any dust residue off. Then stamp your image in craft ink and bake in your oven for 10 minutes at 350. Once they are cool, add little felt pads to the bottom. Stack the 4 together and wrap in your favorite ribbon and instant gift!

This set was done just a little different. After washing and drying I stamped the background stamp in versamark and then used my chalks to add the color. Then the baroque motif is stamped in chocolate chip craft. Then baked for 10 minutes. Once this was cool, I was hoping I was done, but the chalk still wanted to rub off, so I had to use a clear sealant on this one. And next we have a Tic Tac "Snow" set made in one of those skinny silver tins we used to sell. Pulled out some old DSP and Baja Breeze to make this - super fun! Since my Secret Santa just got her gift today, hopefully she can enjoy for the next month before we are totally sick of snow. Inside:
I found the perfect little circular flat magnets to use for this kind of project at a local toy/learning store - not a craft store like you would think. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Happy New Year and I'll post what I got from my Secret Santa tomorrow - i just got the box today - thanks Sarah!! Love it all! ~Heidi

No comments: