October 3, 2009

Baby Shower Activity

There was a baby shower given for one of the girls I work with who is expecting. I was not giving the shower, but was asked for some ideas for a fun activity. So of course I thought of stamping! At a previous shower this expectant mom, had given a hand stamped card (that she bought) so I thought this might be somehting she would enjoy. Not knowing that she had never stamped before it turned out great. Here is a lunchbox tin I made for her to keep all her cards in after everyone made them and then to use as a keepsake box after the cards are used up.
With the help of one of the shower planners we went to a local craft store and bought the card making supplies. A set of 50 white notecards and envelopes were used as the bases to start with. Just like I would at a workshop I pre-designed and pre cut enough supplies for the +/- 25 guests that would be at this shower. Here are my 3 designs we started with:
We used retired and current SU! stamps and punches and the designer paper and card stock were from the craftstore, but the colors were close to Pink Passion and Gable Green. The ink color used was Pink Passion.
I was pleasantly surprised to see how creative my co-workers are. Some made a card just like the sample and some went totally in their own direction. We provided a few "stamped by" stamps to put on the back so everyone could sign their creation. The mom to be got a great assortment of thank you, birthday and all occastion cards to use for whatever she would like. It turned out great! ~Heidi

No comments: