September 29, 2009

Mini Cat CASE and an Extreme Bday

Just a few random cards to share. The first is a CASE from the mini catalog. Can you find it? Its the example on page 5. What a fun layout! My 10 yo daughter needed a card for her cousin's b-day party and she helped me create this - colors and all. (Cousin's favorite colors are blue and orange...) We used Pumpkin Pie, Ballet Blue, Choc Chip and Whisper White CS. Pumpkin Ribbon, rub-on for greeting and assorted circle punches were also used. She did all the coloring and I helped with getting the focal image cut out using the Circle Sissor Cutter. We had to be careful not to cut off the balloon because we wanted that to poke out from the edge of the circle. The new Beary Best Friends BABW stamp set was used. Next is a card my 8 yo son needed for a b-day party the same weekend. This card is CASE'd from a very talented stamper on Splitcoast. You can see the original card HERE. The stamp sets are Extreme Skateboard (one of the great new single image stamps for under $10!!) and Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I couldn't find a star image I liked so I punched out a small star and used that as a stencil. Using a sponge, I stamped different colors to the background to get that effect. Colors used are Tempting Turquioise, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Basic Black and Whisper White. Spiral punch, small Star punch and Chit Chat rub-ons for the greeting. The olive DSP is from the Cottage Wall paper pack.
My 8 yo thought the skateboard card was cool so you know that's a hit! ~Heidi

No comments: