September 18, 2009

Aluminum Foil ... not just for the kitchen!

I saw this technique and was hugely impressed. Every person has their own way of doing it, but worked out well for me is to adhere heavy duty aluminum foil (matte side down) to cardstock (any color will do - I used a "less used" color) with a heavy duty spray adhesive (I used Krylon). I sprayed the full sheet of CS, then turned it upside down onto the AF and used my brayer to smooth it out. You can get 2 sheets of CS wide on one section of the wide AF. After 1/2 hr, it's dry and you trim the edges of the AF away from the CS, cut the CS into 4 - 4.25x5.5" peices so they easily fit in any BigShot folder or on the texture plates - that's what I used here - then punched it out with the 2 star punches and layered. Super simple card and perfect for either gender and any age! CS: textured bermuda bay, whisper white, old olive DSP; staz-on black ink; crushed curry polka dot grosgrain; vintage brads; horizontal slot punch; signo white gel pen; dimensionals; SS: teeny tiny wishes, sporting. Hope you enjoy using aluminum foil in your projects! Angie (here are 2 other samples I created with FUN FOIL!!)

No comments: