June 21, 2009

VINTAGE Tea Party

A little background on this card... my MIL's fondest memories as a child were the tea party's she had with her grandmother, SO, when her daughters (my SIL's) visit next week from Texas, she is hosting a tea party for about 15-20 people and called upon me to create the perfect invitation. I just so happened to have been the recipient of a vintage SU teacup stamp that my DH's aunt found at a garage sale and it was PERFECT for this project - who knew?!?!
I stamped the teacup in black stazon on vanilla CS, then pulled out the mellow moss and cranberry crisp ink (vintage ink for a vintage stamp set) and colored the violets and accents. This was mounted on chocolate chip CS, vintage Recollections DSP from the 06-07 catty, more chocolate chip cs and finally mounted on a mellow moss card (4.25" square). Can't forget that I used the very last bit of my vintage cranberry crisp stitched ribbon. Can anyone tell me what stamp set that teacup is from and what year? Or am I totally lost and it's not even a SU stamp?!?! Thanks for looking & g'nite ~ Sista Angie

No comments: