June 10, 2009

Graduation goodies

This past weekend, my nephew graduated from high school. My SIL asked me to make these table decorations for the open house.
Obviously the school colors are maroon and gold, so the colors we chose were Summer Sun and Bravo Burdundy and alternated the layers. The letters in black were cut out using a Cricut machine - thank you Sista LeeAnn, you are the BEST!!!!. Finished size on these babies are 4 x 6 (tent fold). Both the front and back were layered with the 2009 also.
Now onto his graduation card(s)...
The set used here is retired, but it's one of my favs - Year After Year. This gem was only around for a few years, but had 8 great seasonal images like this perfect graduation hat. The greeting is from the Chit Chat rub ons. Again, the paper is Summer and Bravo, with Basic Blk and Whisper Wht. Super simple card to make, but the inspiration credit goes to Sista Carolyn on this one. When this set was new she made a great convention swap with it and I'be been hording that card front ever since.
Here's the inside... I'm really excited about this because I NEVER decorate the insides of my cards! The greeting used on the inside is from the Level 1 Hostess set - Sweet Little Sentiments. I am very proud of him.
And here is my MIL's card - I think I've mentioned before she is a stamper... Lo and behold - we used the same stamp set! She used my fav paper Parisian Breeze and the awesome Sanded background too. Baja Breeze and Choc Chip cardstock and the Congrats SAB set. Love it! Great card Peg.
See this grad hat is just too darn good to give up :-)~ Heidi

No comments: