April 13, 2009

MY BIG SHOT ARRIVED!!!

WOW! I am so excited, I wonder if I will get to sleep tonight? After the awesome weekend with my Stampin' Sistas I was so into the Big Shot I HAD to order it. Even though I already owned a Cricut Expression with many cartridges, I just had to have the Big Shot. It was perhaps the fun 3-d stuff (although I can do that on my Cricut machine), perhaps it was the die cuts that match the stamp sets (although there are a lot of punches that match as well), but I am pretty sure it was the texture plates! And, what sent me over the edge, the inking of those plates before running them through the Big Shot. So far, I only had time to create this basket. It was made with the scallop envelope die cut from the Big Shot, Baha Breeze, Pink Pirouette card stock as well as vellum from Taste of Textiles speciality paper. Add some Flower Fusion Felt flowers and some bling with Rhinestone brads, you have a perfect Easter or May Day basket!! I can't wait to create more and more with my new toy!!!
I was so excited about techniques I learned this weekend, I used some of those for my stamping classes this week. We did some watercoloring, chalkboard technique, and a unique fold. Curiosity was peaked as they saw my new Big Shot sitting in the corner. I promised more great things to come!
Have a great Stamping Week! Lee Ann

No comments: