April 28, 2009

April Club - Lots of Vellum

The theme at this month's club meeting was vellum. Below are cards we made at the club or inspiration I had while creating which I shared with the group.
First is an oldie but goodie, Heartfelt Thanks, along with Wonderful Favorites. Flower is inked in cameo coral/ruby red and certainly celery/old olive. Cardstock is certainly celery, cameo coral, ruby red, whisper white and vellum cardstock. Accessories are photo corner punch and vintage brads.
Next is a total CASE from Dannie Graves (spelling? - I will check and correct if I'm wrong). This uses the new Manhatten Flower Impressions folder. This is very similar to a card Sera created at the Sista retreat except this version has had the top of the flower trimmed off. Ink is Basic Black, cardstock is Vellum CS, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper white. I also used the new
satin ribbon from the mini - Love it!! The club made Sera's card in Baja Breeze.
This was not a card they made, but while messing around designing this came to mind. To be honest I found some full flowers using this same idea on splitcoast. The vellum here is paper, not the vellum cardstock. It is punched out with the large oval and using both the small and large oval a oval ring was created. I used my 2 way glue pen to adhere the 2. Petals are cameo coral, background is so saffron and the stem, ribbon and card base are kiwi kiss. See the whisper white layer?? When was the last time you used white as a layer? I think that's a first for me.
They also made this card using the Stained Glass technique which Angie taught us at the retreat. I substituted markers for the Water Color Crayons, and I was still happy with the results.
Thanks so much for the inspiration sistas! ~Heidi

No comments: