January 5, 2009

Oh Baby!

I saw a post on 'from my ink pad to yours' showing how to make a stencil from cardboard (she used a cereal box and I used the back cover of a note pad). Check it out here. I loved the idea of how you could take a simple one layer card, emboss a square (or other shape) on the front, stamp an image inside, add a little embellishment, words and BAM! you are done with a simple WOW project. I did struggle with leaving the embossed square alone ... PLAIN (big surprise there!). So, I used my glue and drew a line around the embossed square then added dazzling diamonds. With the extra bling, I'm entirely satisfied with this simple single layer card and can't wait to pop it in the mail for some new grandparents I know. This card uses curvy verses and fast & fun notes ss, basic black, pink pirouette & regal rose inks and pink gingham. ~Angie

No comments: