February 13, 2008

Smitten Wow on Valentine's Eve

Dollar Spot mailboxes!! Don't you just love them?! This is the first year I've been able to find them at our local Target. I've coveted these cute little creations on Splitcoast, etc. for years and this year I finally have the chance to play. My daughter's version uses the new Bali Breeze DSP, coordinating inks, papers and ribbons accent it (rose red, tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie). The Sweet Shapes set was used for the mailbox flag. Monkey Business is featured on the 3x3.
And for my son's version I pulled out an oldie but goodie - anyone remember the Toy Box Simply Scrappin' kit? My son saw this while I was cleaning a while ago and wanted to play with it so it was the perfect option for this. Not Quite Navy, and old olive are the primary colors. I did use Night of Navy ribbon which I think is a bit too dark, but he won't care. Double-Line Doodles is used on the flag (I've never use this set either!! - except at Regionals), Happy Heart Day is used on the card and the heart, from Monkey Business, is real red stamped on real red. ~Heidi

No comments: