February 25, 2008

February Color Combo #1

Finally!! I get around to the color combo - anyone else feel like this has been the busiest month? So with only 4 days left to go - we have something :) Pulled out a set I haven't used in a long time - Heartfelt Thanks. Inked the flower with Elegant Eggplant and the stem with Wild Wasabi. Card base is So Saffron then layered with wasabi DSP from the level 1 hostess paper pack, a strip of paper pierced saffron (photo doesn't show it very well) and a strip of slit-punched scalloped eggplant. Finished it off with eggplant 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the middle. It just didn't seem "done" at this point so I added the thanks from Much Appreciated. Much better in my opinion. Oh and the flowered layer is mounted with dimensionals. So now that I have that done I better get to my swaps for the retreat. I've really grown to like both this layout and this color combo so for those of you at the retreat - don't be surprised if you see something similar *wink* See you Friday! ~Heidi

No comments: