January 23, 2008

WOW Wednesday

I've really debated about whether to blog this at all because by doing it, I will be the first person who DID NOT USE BLACK FELT!!! I'm just going to be a rebel tonight and from now on, I will comply! Fact is that I've already given this away so I don't have it to do the photo over again. This is something I whipped up for what we call in my family a "Crafty Christmas Party". My mom, sister, aunts and I have gotten together for the last 15 or so years to exchange gifts in January. These gifts must be hand-made (by someone). Whoever hosts makes a meal, has to leave their tree up until the event and then we number the gifts, draw numbers, and open presents! This years event was the 12th at my sisters house and was WONDERFUL! Here is the Countdown to Christmas Clipboard that I made (received by my aunt Sharon). Used the 9x9 onboard clipboard, retired wintergreen paper, scalloped circle punch, All Through the Year stamp set, Soft Sky Ink, brads from the Pretties Kit, printed the numbers and words out on the computer, large & small tag punches, white grosgrain, soft sky double-stitched ribbon. I glued washers under each number and there are magnets under the center panel. When I got done, I thought that the metal clasp at the top of the clipboard was very black and seemed stark against the light clipboard ... so, I used a paintbrush and covered the whole thing with crystal effects then poured dazzling diamonds all over it - very nice, sparkly and snow-like! Hope you like and can forgive me for not using black felt! ~ Angie

No comments: