January 16, 2008

It's WOW Wednesday!

I made this for sista Becky for Christmas this year and it was super fun! The main color in her stamp room is almost amethyst and this ds paper, Uptown, was perfect. I like to buy these letters at HL. Something different and fun to make. I adore monograms as you all know! I made some other things to go along with the B as well- 3x3 cards, a notebook and matching pen, a journal with the small chipboard "b" very fun!
There are all sorts of accessories used here of course, let me see if I get them all... some pretties, the five petal flower punch, apricot appeal ribbon and wild wasabi stitched ribbon- my fave, some chip board, a rhinestone brad and the retired spring flower bouquet punch- so sorry to see it go! A very fun project! I like to adhere the paper with Modge Podge, let it dry, then cut the paper and use an exacto knife to get closer to the edges. Shaving those edges down with the sanding block finishes it off nicely, plus I'll find the areas that need more MP that way. Love those letters! Sera

No comments: